BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE

BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE
BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Allergic Inflammation Linked to Greatly Increased Risk of Parkinson's Disease


It is becoming increasingly apparent that Parkinson's is either caused or worsened, all or in part, by sources of inflammation.

A recent article in Science Daily showed that if you have had allergic rhinitis in your lifetime you are three times more likely to develop Parkinson's:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/08/060808091749.htm

Prior to adding the Solanceous foods (which I am not allergic to) into my diet, I was allergic to almost all environmental sources: pollens, molds, animals.  Strangely my diet seems to have completely wiped out all of my environmental allergies.  I don't yet know why.

I didn't know until just this month that I am allergic to eggs, yeast, and coconut.  So I've had to switch from eggs to foods like shrimp and soy lecithin for choline, eliminate yeast entirely and be diligent about skin hygiene, and switch out the coconut oil to flax seed oil (and I am planning to try MCG oil).

Perhaps the solanine and chaconine in eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, and potatoes are especially antimicrobial to yeast and that in part explains why I do well with them. Quitting bread and alcohol may also have helped me due to the yeast-allergy factor I have.

I do know that eggplant is very hard to ferment. 

My new friend "Aunt Bean" ( http://www.favabeans.parkinsonsrecovery.com/contact-aunt-bean) has been trying to ferment eggplant samples since we began discussing the book - and apparently the ferment won't kick.  I've also noticed that my eggplant juice doen't seem to ferment.

Of course Permutter and others are reporting allergy or sensitivity to gluten to be a huge factor:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/549400-gluten-sensitivity-parkinsons-disease/

So all of you be vigilant, you might be allergic to almost anything in your environment, your food, or even the microbes around you.  Visit a medical or naturopathic doctor and get tested for the whole panel of environmental and food allergies. 

You might even be allergic to eggplant.  Here are some warning signs and symptoms.

http://www.wisegeekhealth.com/what-are-common-symptoms-of-an-eggplant-allergy.htm

God Bless,

Glen Pettibone

No comments:

Post a Comment