BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE

BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE
BUY THE KINDLE BOOK CLICK HERE

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Two Tips for Your Walk in the Sun - Stretching & Sun on the Face

Tip 1: Gastroc Stretch

Do this stretch, even deeper than pictured for at least 40 seconds, and perhaps several times.

This is great for counteracting Parkinson's-related dystonia like toe curling or foot cramps.  This is because the tow-curling and foot cramps are caused by spasms like "Charlie-horses" in the calf muscles.  So I've found daily walking after stretching deep like this keeps the calves loose and comfortable.

Tip 2: Find a route that let's you walk a long distance toward the sun (for 1/2 way)

Blue light from the sun on your face helps your circadian rhythm.  I explain this in my book.

So if you get a nice long walk with uninterrupted sun on your eyes, ears, and face you're improving the balances of melatonin and dopamine, and the overall circadian rhythm.  You're also getting some color without over-doing it.  And the color is also good, because it creates nutrient stores throughout your body - which I also explain in the book.

Here's a shot I took after a day at work on Oahu.  I went down and walked from east Diamond Head west towards Honolulu at 6:00pm - in the Hawaiin sun :-)  (exceptional sun no doubt)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Glen;
    It was nice to learn from you today on the radio.
    How do you know when and how to cut back on the medication?
    What is the inhaler for?
    Thank you.
    Blessings, Eva Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva,

      As far as when to cut back on medications, I just started having days and/or dosage times where I didn't feel I needed to take a given dosage, so I'd skip a dose. I learned that there is a withdrawal periods of a few days, so for a few days there'd be elevated symptoms to some degree.

      The intranasal glutathione helps the body coordinate antioxidants, is neuro-protective, and chelates by powering microphages in your body.

      I'll do a post soon just on intranasal glutathione.

      Glen

      Delete
  2. Hi Glen;
    Eggplant is now burning my mouth! What could that be about?

    Would you also be so kind to speak to us on carcadian rythm and how to get it back in balance?
    Thank you.
    Blessings from Eva Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavens ... Stop the eggplant and get a food allergy test :-(

      Have a doc help you

      Delete
    2. Also I will post soon on circadian rhythm

      Delete